Balsa River Rafting Smart Connection Includes:
- Round Trip transportation from most La Fortuna hotels to San Jose or San Jose to La Fortuna
- Bilingual certified rafting guides
- All safety gear & instruction
- Fresh fruit snacks on the river
- Cold beverages & celebratory beer after rafting
- Traditional Costa Rican hot lunch at a local restaurant after rafting
Departures: Departs daily around 10:30am. Pick up included for most hotels in La Fortuna. Pick up for hotels around Arenal available at additional charge. Pick ups from San Jose hotels begin as early as 6:00 am. Please note your hotel in both destinations. Exact meeting instructions will be provided on your confirmation voucher.
Length: Approximately 6 hours including transportation, however time may vary depending on traffic coming in and out of San Jose.
Balsa River Rafting Smart Connection Recommendations:
- Bathing suit (under clothing)
- Quick dry clothing & change of clothes
- Secure shoes Such as sports sandals or tennis shoes (flip flops not permitted, you WILL lose them)
- Eco-Friendly sunscreen (bio-degradable to protect the river)
- Eco-Friendly bug repellant
- Waterproof camera (Go Pro’s are available for rent)
- Cash for tour balance, professional photos, additional food, beverages and souvenirs
Children: Minimum age is 8 years old. Children pay same as adult when using the Smart Connections.
Restrictions: River rafting in Costa Rica is a fun yet challenging activity. You must be in good physical condition to participate. The Class II/III rapids of the Balsa River are considered easy to moderate to navigate. For more information on the classes of rivers, see our blog. You will be asked to sign a waiver that you have no underlying conditions such as previous heart, back or neck conditions that could make river rafting in Costa Rica not a safe choice of activities for you.
Insider Tip: White water rafting in Costa Rica is one of the most quintessential experiences you can have on vacation here. And the Balsa River’s class II & III rapids are great for all rafting skill levels. Better yet, the smart connections are the best deals around. Plan ahead and you can use this option to get you from San Jose to La Fortuna while enjoying a day of rafting the Balsa River along the way. Can you think of a better way to break up a long drive?
Guanacaste / Zone 1&2
Jaco / Manuel Antonio
Guanacaste Zone 1:
Papagayo, Hermosa, Coco, Ocotal, RIU, P.Panamá, Four Season.
Guanacaste Zone 2:
Brasilito, Langosta, Tamarindo, Conchal, Flamingo, Potrero.