If you are looking for the best tours in Costa Rica, white water rafting the Pacuare River is ranked number one on many of the trusted traveler review sites. What is even better is that this tour departs from San Jose, Arenal Volcano, and Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean coast. So, no matter what popular destination in Costa Rica you choose, whitewater rafting the Pacuare River in Costa Rica is available to you! We invite you to come see for yourself why rafting the Pacuare River is one of the top things to do in Costa Rica.
Since whitewater rafting is so popular in Costa Rica, you might wonder what makes the Pacuare River so special. Well, here are a few reasons you should choose to raft the Pacuare River:
- Pacuare River has been the chosen site for the World Rafting Championships. If the International Rafting Committee thinks it is an amazing river, who are we to argue?
- The Pacuare River boasts one of the most beautiful river gorges in Costa Rica. Imagine rafting through Fern Gully!
- Pacuare River provides a great mix of both Class III & Class IV white water rapids that are moderately challenging for first timers and fun for every skill level.
- Our white water rafting adventure takes you down 18 miles of the best run on the Pacuare River through 52 different rapid sets. More than any other river in Costa Rica!
- The rafting tour takes you past Costa Rica's famous "Huacas Waterfall" which cacades from 150' into the Pacuare River just before you enter the Pacuare River Gorge.
- There is an abundance of wilderness found surrounding the Pacuare River. On this 18 mile run you will encounter many of the inhabitants such as sloths, toucans, parrots, coatis, morpho butterflies and colorful frogs.
- The Pacuare River is located in the center of the 3 major destinations in Costa Rica making it the most convenient and accessible river for those traveling between San Jose, Arenal and the Caribbean coast.
We could go on, but I am sure you got the point by now. The Pacuare River is not an overly challenging river, but safety is number one to our team so every tour has not only one to two guides in each raft, but safety kayakers flanking the sides and scouting the rapids to ensure that you feel safe throughout the entire white water rafting tour.
Our river guides are also chefs...ok well not exactly, but they have mastered the art of serving one of the best riverside lunches we have ever tasted complete with fresh fruit, build your own super wraps and “river cheesecake" for dessert.
We finish our rafting tour in Siquirres at our private Exploration Center. You can take a shower, change and enjoy the gardens and terrace while having a cold drink.
If you are planning to vacation in Costa Rica, challenge yourself to an adventure of a lifetime. Book your discount white water rafting tour in Costa Rica with The Real Deal Tours and save money too!
Want to know more? We recommend you read our Rafting in Costa Rica blog
which gives more detailed information on rafting in Costa Rica in general and how the classes of rapids are determined.
Pura Vida Cruise ship passengers!! The White Water Rafting Pacuare River is available to you too!! Book your Rafting Pacuare River shore excursion in Costa Rica and save money with The Real Deal Tours!
Pacuare River Class III-IV Details
- Roundtrip or continued transportation to either San Jose, Caribbean Coast or Arenal Volcano
- Professional bilingual guide
- Lunch buffet
Departures: 6:00 AM.
Length: 10.5 Hours.
- Light shoes that will stay on
- Swim suit
- Nylon shirt
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
- Insect repellent
- Cash for tour balance, additional food and beverages, and souvenirs
Children: Minimum age is 12 and children pay the same price as an adult.
Important Note: Due to the logistics of this operation, this provider requests payment in advance 72 hours prior. Discounted pricing is for clients paying cash in advance at tour offices in San Jose or Puerto Viejo. A credit card authorization for the balance will be requested to hold the reservation. If you do not make the cash payment prior to the tour, your credit card will be processed for the remaining balance plus a small processing fee on the day of the tour. Complete instructions will be provided on your confirmation voucher.
Important Covid 19 Note: Due to our commitment to keep our guests safe from Covid, we are no longer stopping for a lunch break on the river where the rafting guides typically prepare your riverside feast. Instead, you will be served lunch upon return to the Exploration Center prepared by our kitchen staff. This will cut the time on the river down about an hour, but the amount of rapids covered will not be affected.
Smart Connections Deals Pacuare River Class III-IV Details
**IVA not included, additional 4% from July 1st 2020 to July 1st 2021**
The Real Deal: $89.00
Smart Connections Deals Pacuare River III-IV deposit is $20.00 per person.
(The balance of $69.00 per person must be paid 72 hours prior the day of the tour)
This tour departs at 6:00 AM.